Nissan VIN Check
Since 2012, over one million Nissan cars are sold annually in the United States. The Japanese brand is known for its wide range of models covering every segment. Run a free VIN check and search over 23 million Nissan vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, recalls, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Nissan Recall Lookup
Recently, 4.4 million Nissan vehicles were recalled in the US due to faulty Takata air bag inflators. As of June 2017, only 29.9 percent of Nissan vehicles recalled with Takata inflators have been fixed.
Nissan’s recall includes at least five different models, including the Maxima, Pathfinder, Sentra, Versa Sedan and Versa Hatchback. The model years included in the recall range from 2001 to 2012.
Are there any open recalls for your Nissan? You can run a free VIN check at VinCheck.info or visit the official Nissan Owner’s website below:
If any safety recalls within the past 15 years are found, these issues can usually be repaired free of charge at authorized Nissan dealerships. If you have additional questions regarding vehicle recalls, you can email or call them at 1-(800) NISSAN-1.
Other Resources for Nissan
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Nissan vehicles include:
- Nissan Owner’s Manual (from the Nissan Website)
- Nissan Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Nissan Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Nissan Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Nissan Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Nissan
Nissan Motor Company Ltd. was founded in Japan. True to its Japanese roots, Nissan builds vehicles with a strong focus on quality and reliability. Consumers are likely to find a Nissan when looking for a sporty coupe, family sedan, minivan, truck and SUV.
Interesting facts about Nissan:
- Nissan is the world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer based on global sales as of mid-December 2016. Nissan Leaf is the world’s top-selling highway-capable plug-in electric car in history.
- Nissan Altima and Nissan Sentra were the bestselling cars in the United States in 2017.
- In 2016, the Nissan Altima was the sixth most stolen vehicle in the US. The 2015 Nissan Altima was the most targeted by thieves. (Source: NICB)
- Nissan also owns the Datsun brand of low-cost vehicles and the Infiniti brand of luxury cars.
- Nissan donated $150,000 in cash donation to the American Red Cross in support of Hurricane Harvey victims.
Popular models from Nissan include:
Why should I run a Nissan VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: