Maryland VIN Check

100% Free VIN Check For Any Vehicle

Get a comprehensive VIN history report instantly

Maryland VIN Check

Maryland has the second worst commute time in the country, averaging 32 minutes in 2017. On the upside, Maryland’s Port of Baltimore was tagged as US’ no. one point of entry for automobiles, having imported almost 400,000 vehicles in 2015 alone. Lookup over 1,976,021 cars registered in the state of Maryland:

Check VIN:

VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.

Enter License Plate:

Maryland Vehicle Information Request

Maryland’s Driver and Vehicle Record Access serves as additional source for Maryland vehicle information:

An e-government account is required to access Maryland’s vehicle database. To make an account, visit their registration page. Record search costs $12, but it is free for “approved government users.”

Maryland Resources for Car Drivers/Owners

Maryland is a state located in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States. It is the 19th most populous state, with a population of approximately 6,016,447 people. The Capital of Maryland is Annapolis, and the state is divided among 23 counties spanning 12,407 square miles. Maryland was the 7th state to join union in April 28, 1788.

Facts and Statistics on Accidents, Thefts and Disasters

2016 Statista’s Vehicle Registration Records

  • 1,976,021 vehicles were registered in Maryland.

2016 Maryland Highway Safety Office Annual Reports:

  • There were 107,789 reported accidents in 2015 alone.
  • Of those 107,789 accidents, 30,655 resulted in injuries.
  • There were 162 fatalities resulting from impaired driving.
  • There were 71 speed-related fatalities.

2016 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:

  • Maryland recorded 472 fatal crashes which killed 505 people.
  • Of the 505 people killed, 57 percent of them were vehicle occupants, 21 percent were pedestrians, 14 percent were motorcyclists, and three percent were bicyclists. The remaining five percent were unknown.
  • 54 percent of all fatal crashes involved only one vehicle, while the other 46 percent included more than one vehicle per accident
  • 78 percent of all fatal crashes happened in urban areas, while 21 percent happened in rural areas. The remaining one percent were unknown.

2016 Neighborhood Scout:

  • 11,834 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in 2016.
  • For every 1000 people, 1.97 of them became victims of car theft.

Other Resources:

  1. Maryland Department of Motor Vehicles
  2. Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
  3. Vehicle Safety Ratings
  4. Vehicle Recalls by VIN
  5. Automotive Market Values
  6. Automotive Reviews

Why should I run a Maryland VIN Check?

  1. Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
  2. Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
  3. Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
  4. Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.

Run a free Maryland VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle:

Check VIN: