New York VIN Check
Lookup over 4.8 million cars registered in the state of New York:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
New York Vehicle Information Request
Gain additional vehicle information through New York State’s DMV Records & FOIL page:
Use the page to inquire about a car’s registration, title, and lien statuses. Vehicle registration and title records can also be requested.
New York Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
New York is a state located in the northeastern region of the United States. It is the 4th most populous state, with a population of approximately 19,745,289 people. The Capital of New York is Albany, and the state is divided among 62 counties spanning 54,555 square miles. New York was the 11th state to join union in July 26, 1788.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 4,890,916
- 2016 New York Highway Safety Annual Report disclosed that there were 11,073 vehicle accidents and 383 fatal crashes in 2015:
- 383 fatal crashes were caused by driving distractedly due to mobile phone use.
- There were 343 speeding-related accidents.
- According to 2016 report of Neighborhood Scout, the motor vehicle theft rate in New York in 2016 was 2.92 thefts for every 2,000 inhabitants. A total of 14,392 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s 2016 report indicated that of the 1,025 people killed in vehicle accidents in the state in 2016, 50 percent of them were vehicle occupants, 30 percent were pedestrians, 13 percent were motorcyclists, and four percent were bicyclists. There were three percent unknown.
- New York Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run New York VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an New York VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.