Free VIN Report for Used Land Rover Vehicles
In 2016, Land Rover achieved a new all-time high sales of 73,861 units in the United States. The brand exclusively builds SUVs that are well known for combining luxury and robustness. Our free VIN check offers access to a comprehensive database on registered Land Rovers and other vehicles in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, recalls, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource. Our comprehensive database is also available to search vehicle history based on license plate number.
Land Rover Recall Lookup
Jaguar Land Rover issued a recall for approximately 13,500 Land Rover vehicles with defective seatbelt pretentioners that could malfunction during a crash. The automaker notified owners of 2016-17 Land Rover Range Rover and Range Rover Sport SUVs, and model-year 2017 Discovery Sport SUVs in February 2017.
In addition to running our free VIN check, search open recalls associated with your VIN at the official National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website below:
Check updates on Takata recall repairs and locate a retailer for information at the official Land Rover Owner website.
Other Resources for Land Rover
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Land Rover vehicles include:
- Land Rover Owner’s Manual (from the Land Rover Website)
- Land Rover Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Land Rover Market Values (from Kelly Blue Book)
- Land Rover Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Land Rover Cars for Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Land Rover
Land Rover is owned by British multinational car manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover with its headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, United Kingdom, and a subsidiary of Indian automaker Tata Motors. Jaguar Land Rover has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors since 2008, when the latter acquired it from Ford. Land Rover specializes in four-wheel-drive vehicles which are currently assembled in the company’s Halewood and Solihull plants, with research and development taking place at the Gaydon and Whitley engineering centers. The Land Rover is regarded as a British icon, and was granted a Royal Warrant by King George VI in 1951.
Interesting facts about Land Rover:
- The most popular Land Rover model worldwide is the Range Rover Evoque with 112,486 sold units worldwide in 2016.
- Land Rover prices start at $36,350. Classified as a high-end luxury SUV, the Range Rover model can carry a six-figure price tag when fully equipped.
- The second oldest four wheel drive vehicle in automotive history, Land Rovers have been produced since 1948 by Rover and the marque has been around three decades longer than the Land Rover company.
- The first Land Rover had a steering wheel in the middle and was inspired by World War II-era Jeeps.
- Oxford and Cambridge students used Land Rover-sponsored trucks for road trips for learning purposes.
- The Defender 110 could carry 12 persons and was classified as a bus which was qualified for tax exemption.
Popular models from Land Rover include:
Why should I run a Land Rover VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Land Rover VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: