Free Kentucky License Plate Lookup
Search your Kentucky license plate and get a free complete vehicle history report including: salvage status, theft or accident records, recalls and more!
Anyone buying a used car must do a background check. You can research the vehicle history online. You can either run a license plate lookup or do a VIN check. Before buying in Kentucky, make sure the car is not rebuilt, flooded, or involved in a safety recall. You can get these information by running a free Kentucky License Plate Lookup.
- Market Value
- Vehicle Specifications
- Equipment Details
- Fuel Efficiency
- Safety Rating
- Inspection Checklist
- Current Warranty
- Auto Insurance
- NMVTIS Vehicle History Report
Kentucky License Plate Information
License plates are issued by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KTC). The license plate must have a sticker that shows the vehicle registration expiry date.
If your license plate or stickers are lost, stolen, or damaged you may apply for a replacement. The County Clerk will issue a standard issue plate and submit a request to have the plate remade.
Types of Kentucky License Plates
Kentucky issues over 150 different types of passenger and motorcycle license plates.
License plates can be categorized into the following types:
- Regular License Plate
- Special License Plates
- Special Motorcycle License Plates
- Disabled License Plates
- Military License Plates
- Military Motorcycle Plates
- University License Plates
- Independent College Plates
- Government/ Official Plates
- Miscellaneous License Plates
Transferring of License Plates in Kentucky
In Kentucky, you can transfer a license plate to another vehicle you own. When you sell your vehicle, the license plate stays with you. The new owner must apply a new tag in his name.
More Resources for Kentucky Drivers:
- Kentucky Driver’s License & ID Cards
- Kentucky Vehicle Registration & Renewal
- Kentucky License Plates Information
- Kentucky Vehicle Titling Information
- Kentucky Motor Vehicle Usage Tax
- Kentucky Driver Manual
Buying a used car in Kentucky? Don’t make a costly mistake. Run a Free Kentucky License Plate Lookup!
- Check for accidents. Every year, millions of automobile accidents are reported.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles. These are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Uncover the full-story of your Kentucky-registered vehicle in seconds! Run a Free Kentucky License Plate Lookup now!