Audi AG is a German automobile manufacturer based in Ingolstadt, Germany. The automaker’s exciting journey into being one of the best-selling luxury vehicles in the world, along with BMW and Mercedes-Benz, started with engineer August Horch in 1910. Audi is a member of the Volkswagen Group, manufacturing luxury cars and SUVs in nine production facilities plants around the world.
Audi revolutionized modern rallying with Audi Quattro, a four-wheel-drive turbocharged car which was the first of its kind to compete in racing. Audi’s remarkable success in motorsports demonstrated its effectiveness in publicizing technical superiority.
Here are some interesting facts about Audi:
1. Michèle Mouton, driving an Audi Quattro, became the first female driver to win a world championship.
2. Audi Quattro is considered one of the most important rally cars of all time.
3. Audi’s four-ring logo represents the four manufacturers that merged to create Audi’s predecessor company called Auto Union.
4. Audi has partnered with a team of scientists in Germany to build a Quattro-powered Lunar Rover (to be named Audi Lunar Quattro) which will be an entry to Google’s Lunar XPRIZE with a prize money of $30 million.
5. Audi opened its first North American manufacturing plant in Puebla, Mexico to produce second generation Audi Q5 starting September 2016.
Popular models from Audi include:
1. Audi A4
2. Audi Q5
3. Audi A3
4. Audi A7
5. Audi R8
6. Audi S3
7. Audi Q7
8. Audi RS 3
9. Audi S6
10. Audi S5
Why should I run an Audi VIN Check?
1. Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
2. Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
3. Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
4. Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an Audi VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.