Free Acura VIN Decoder
Our free Acura VIN decoder can be used to determine everything from vehicle body and drive type to fuel tank capacity to vehicle safety rating. Enter your Acura VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Acura Recall Lookup
Approximately 11.9 million Honda and Acura vehicles in the U.S. are subject to a Takata airbag recall. According to a recall announcement from NHTSA, the 2002-2003 Acura TL and 2003 Acura CL models have a much higher risk of ruptures during airbag deployments.
All vehicle owners should check for recalls using VIN lookup to confirm that the vehicle is affected of the recall and needs a repair. All safety recall repairs are free at authorized Acura dealers.
Search for Acura safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode an Acura VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded
Each character or set of characters within an Acura VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Acura VIN, JH4DA9356MS855935, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Acura decoding chart.
- J = Country of manufacture (Japan)
- H = Manufacturer (Honda)
- 4 = Vehicle Type (Passenger car)
- DA9 = Model (Integra 2 Door 1.8L)
- 3 = Body Type, Transmission (2 Door Hatchback, Manual)
- 5 = GRADE (LS Coupe 2 Door)
- 6 = Security Code
- M = Model Year (1991)
- S = Plant (Suzuka, Mie, Japan)
- 855935 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Acura VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of an Acura vehicle.
Acura Parts and Accessories Lookup
You may search and shop for genuine Acura parts and accessories at the Acura eStore directly from your local Acura dealers. Genuine Acura parts and accessories are of high quality standard that are individually tailored and designed for each Acura model.
Resources for Acura Vehicle Owners
Why should I use an Acura VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Acura which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Acura, Acura vehicles or to get a free Acura vehicle history report, visit our Acura VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Acura VIN decoder in seconds!