Oldsmobile was a brand of American automobiles produced for most of its existence by General Motors. Olds Motor Vehicle Co. was founded by Ransom E. Olds in 1897. In its 107-year history, it produced over 35 million vehicles, including at least 14 million built at its Lansing, Michigan factory.
Here are some interesting facts about Oldsmobile:
- The curved-dash Oldsmobile was the first American car to be produced using the progressive assembly-line system, and the first to become a commercial success.
- Oldsmobile’s final logo, a “soaring rocket with a gentle oval” debuted on the Oldsmobile Antares concept car at the New York Auto Show on Thursday, April 13, 1995.
- America’s most popular car, the Cutlass Supreme would reign as the best-selling American car for much of the 1970s and early 1980s.
- Because of its popularity, a total of 242,874 Cutlass Supreme two-door coupes were produced in 1977.
- The final production day for Oldsmobile was April 29, 2004. At the time of the brand’s demise, Oldsmobile was America’s oldest continuously operating automaker.
- Over a hundred years, Oldsmobile produced 35 million vehicles, most of them out of Lansing, Michigan.
Popular models from Oldsmobile include:
1. Oldsmobile Achieva
2. Oldsmobile Alero
3. Oldsmobile Aurora
4. Oldsmobile Bravada
5. Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
6. Oldsmobile Cutlass
7. Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
8. Oldsmobile Intrigue
9. Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
Resources for Oldsmobile enthusiasts:
1. Official Oldsmobile Website
2. Oldsmobile Owner’s Manual and Warranty Information
3. Oldsmobile Safety Ratings
4. Oldsmobile Recalls
5. Oldsmobile Market Values
6. Oldsmobile Reviews
Why should I run an Oldsmobile VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway
Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an Oldsmobile VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle..