Free VIN Check on Used Saab Vehicles
Saab has made seat belts, headlamp wipers, and heated seats the standard features of a vehicle earlier than most car brands. Consumers who preferred innovative and daring vehicles gravitated towards the brand.
Interested in buying a used Saab? Run a free VIN check and search over 400,000 Saab vehicles registered in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to get a free vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Saab Recall Lookup
In 2014,General Motors recalled around 30,000 Saab 9-3 convertibles with seat belt retraction problem. More than 23,000 Saab 9-3 sedans were recalled for the same problem in 2004 and 2010.
Aside from the free VIN check above, you may also look for open recalls by VIN search at the GM Recall Center. Only issues from 1999 to the present day are covered by their service:
If a Saab car is subject to a recall, you need to contact any authorized Saab dealer near you to address your concern. Usually, there is no charge for repairs of recall-related defects.
Other Resources for Saab
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Saab vehicles include:
- Saab Owner’s Manual (from Vadengmpp.com)
- Saab Safety Ratings (from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Saab Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Saab Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Saab Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Saab
The Saab brand was created in 1945 when Saab AB decided to diversify its automobile production. Originally named Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget, the parent company was an aerospace and defense company that manufactured fighter aircraft. The Saab 92 was released in 1949, featuring an aerodynamics-focused design that was carried through the early years of automobile production. Saab became recognized for its adaptation of cutting-edge safety features, world-first innovations, and distinctive design in its most popular models.
Interesting facts about Saab:
- Several Swedish postage stamps featured a Saab 96 including one with a Monte-Carlo Rally Saab 96, driven by Erik Carlsson.
- Research on brand loyalty and ownership found Saab owners tend to be intellectuals and enthusiasts, given that the brand has an unusual image in most markets.
- Some of Saab’s world-first innovations are: headlamp wipers and washers, the passenger compartment air filter, and an advanced all-wheel drive system called cross-wheel drive (in partnership with Haldex).
- Saab Automobile had served as General Motors’ subsidiary from 2000 to 2010.
- Saab is also known for its trademark wraparound windshield which appeared first in Saab 99 vehicles.
Popular models from Saab include:
Why should I run a Saab VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands that used car buyers should watch out for.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Search for an active theft or previously recovered theft record using the VIN that can point you to hidden damages or stolen parts.
Run our 100% free VIN Check now on any used car to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: