Free Honda VIN Decoder
VinCheck.info offers Honda VIN decoder and free vehicle history on all Honda vehicles. This free tool can be used to determine everything from vehicle body and drive type to fuel tank capacity to vehicle safety rating. Enter your Honda VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Honda Recall Lookup
Honda’s recall rate is 1,307 per 1,000 new vehicles sold, higher than the industry average (1,115 vehicles recalled per 1,000 vehicles sold) from January 1985 to September 2016. Based on iSeeCars’ review of recall data from NHTSA, Honda ranked third among manufacturers with the worst recall rates during the 31-year period.
Honda notifies affected car owners in compliance with federal laws. For your own protection, it is best to check recall updates for your car or any car you may want to buy. Authorized Honda dealers provide free repairs to address recall-related problems.
Search for Honda safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Honda VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Honda VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Honda VIN, 1HGEJ8145WL012057, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Honda decoding chart.
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- H = Manufacturer (Honda)
- G = Vehicle Type (Passenger car)
- EJ8 = Model (Civic 2/4 Door 1.6L)
- 1 = Body Type, Transmission (2 Door Coupe, Manual)
- 4 = GRADE (Civic EX 2/4 Door)
- 5 = Security Code
- W = Model Year (1998)
- L = Plant (East Liberty, Ohio, USA)
- 012057 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Honda VIN decoder instantly provides more than vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also give you information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls for and defects of a Honda vehicle.
Honda Parts and Accessories Lookup
Using the VIN, you may also search and shop for Honda replacement parts and accessories at the Honda eStore. Buying genuine Honda parts ensures the best fit and reliable performance for your vehicle. Stocks are available for 1970 and newer Honda models at local dealers or from the American Honda Motor Co.
Resources for Honda Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Honda VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Honda which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Honda, Honda vehicles or to get a free Honda vehicle history report, visit our Honda VIN Check page
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Honda VIN decoder in seconds!