Free VIN Report for Used Mitsubishi Vehicles
After selling passenger cars under the Dodge name for several years, Japanese automaker Mitsubishi introduced cars in the United States under its own name in 1982. Over 1.4 million Mitsubishi vehicles are registered in the country. Run our free VIN check to check vehicle records instantly:
Simply enter a 17-digit VIN above to obtain a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource.
Mitsubishi Recall Lookup
Mitsubishi has issued a recall twice to Lancer and Lancer Evolution models from 2004 through 2006 for a potential Takata airbag glitch. The company is to replace faulty Takata front passenger air bag inflators. The vehicles were initially under recall in 2015, and were replaced with identical Takata parts.
Check if your vehicle is affected by this recall or currently has any other outstanding recall. Have an authorized Mitsubishi Dealer have the recall carried out as soon as possible.
In addition to running a free VIN check, look for any open recalls via a VIN lookup at the official Mitsubishi Owner’s website below:
Other Resources for Mitsubishi
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Mitsubishi vehicles include:
- Mitsubishi Owner’s Manual (from the Mitsubishi Website)
- Mitsubishi Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Mitsubishi Market Values (from Kelley Blue Book)
- Mitsubishi Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Mitsubishi Cars For Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation is a Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. In 2011, Mitsubishi Motors was the sixth biggest Japanese automaker and the sixteenth biggest worldwide by production.
Mitsubishi is one-third (34%) owned by Nissan, and thus a part of the Renault–Nissan–Mitsubishi Alliance. It is also a part of Mitsubishi keiretsu, formerly the biggest industrial group in Japan, through the corporation’s minority 20% stake in Mitsubishi Motors, and the company was originally formed in 1970 from the automotive division of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
Interesting facts about Mitsubishi:
- The Mitsubishi logo, three triangles representing the shape of a water chestnut, was inspired by the flag design of its predecessor.
- The Lancer Evo became famous partly due to Jackie Chan’s use of the car in his films.
- The word “galant” in Mitsubishi Galant’s name is a French word for “chivalrous.”
- The Mitsubishi hardtop sedan was sold as Galant (1988 model year) and then Sigma (1989 to 1990 model years) in the US, Eterna in Japan, and Sapporo in Europe.
- The Mitsubishi Eclipse was on Car and Driver’s “10 Best List” for four consecutive years since 1989. The more famous models were the Eclipse sports coupe and Eclipse Spyder.
Popular models from Mitsubishi include:
Why should I run a Mitsubishi VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Do a VIN search to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run our free VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: