Free Buick VIN Decoder
Our free Buick VIN decoder can provide information about the vehicle such as its model year, type of engine and body style. Enter your Buick VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Buick Recall Lookup
General Motors has issued safety recalls involving Takata airbag inflators for its several million vehicles which include the 2015 Buick LaCrosse. According to NHTSA, vehicles with faulty airbag software may prevent front airbags from deploying during crashes.
To see if your vehicle is involved in a recall, do a VIN search. If you own one of the recalled vehicles, call your local authorized Buick dealer right away. They will replace the faulty airbags for free. For more information on the Takata Airbag Recall, visit www.GMTakataAirbag.com or call 1-866-467-9700.
Search for Buick safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Buick VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Buick VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Buick VIN, 1G4GB5G30EF213018, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Buick decoding chart.
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- G = Manufacturer (General Motors Company)
- 4 = Vehicle Type (Sedan)
- GB5 = Model (Lacrosse FWD Leather 4-Door)
- G = Restraint Type
- 3 = Engine Type (3.6L LFX V6 Engine Gasoline 304HP)
- 0 = Security Code
- E = Model Year (2014)
- F = Plant (Orion, Michigan, United States)
- 213018 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Buick VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Buick vehicle.
Buick Parts and Accessories Lookup
Whether you need brake pads, oil filters, or new set of wheels for your Buick vehicle, shop for original Buick parts and accessories to keep your vehicle in optimum condition. Genuine parts and accessories are designed to fit your specific model and help maintain your vehicle’s functionality at its best.
Resources for Buick Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Buick VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Buick which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Buick, Buick vehicles or to get a free Buick vehicle history report, visit our Buick VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Buick VIN decoder in seconds!