Free Cadillac VIN Decoder
Our free Cadillac VIN decoder service provides vehicle information such as body style, restraint type, and engine. Enter your Cadillac VIN below and click on the Decode VIN button to start your vehicle research.
Can’t find the VIN?
Cadillac Recall Lookup
The Cadillac Escalade model has the the most number of recalls due to failure of the Takata air bags to deploy in the event of a crash. This could result in serious injury or death to drivers and front passengers.
If you own one of the recalled vehicles you should contact Cadillac or your local authorized Cadillac dealer as soon as possible. Owners can contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006.
Search for Cadillac safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years using the VIN.
How to Decode a Cadillac VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Cadillac VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
Here is a sample Cadillac VIN: 1G6KD57Y724148229, which we have decoded using the diagram above and the Cadillac decoding chart.
- 1G6 = Manufacturer (Cadillac United States)
- K = Platform Code (Cadillac Deville)
- D = Platform Series Code
- 5 = Body Style (Four-Door Sedan)
- 7 = Restraint Type
- Y = Engine Type (LD8; 4.6L; Gas V8 SFI)
- 7 = Security Code
- 2 = Model Year (2002)
- 4 = Plant (Lansing, Michigan, United States)
- 148229 = Production Sequence
VinCheck.info’s free Cadillac VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a full vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Cadillac vehicle.
Cadillac Parts and Accessories Lookup
When it comes to repair, select genuine Cadillac parts and accessories to keep your vehicle running at its best. Genuine replacements are designed and engineered specifically for your Cadillac vehicle.
Resources for Cadillac Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Cadillac VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Cadillac which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Cadillac, Cadillac vehicles or to get a free Cadillac vehicle history report, visit our Cadillac VIN Check page.
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Cadillac VIN decoder in seconds!