Free VIN Report on Used Jaguar Vehicles
Jaguar captured a 5.1 percent share in the US luxury market in 2016. Even with new and redesigned models in recent years, the marque retains its classic English charm that captivated the local market for over 50 years. If you are considering Jaguar for your next vehicle, run our free VIN check and search registered Jaguars in the United States:
Enter a 17-digit VIN above to look up a full vehicle history report, which includes thefts, accidents, recalls, sales, titles, specifications, and more. This information is compiled by VinCheck.info from official government sources and made public as a free, informational resource. Our comprehensive database is also available to search vehicle history based on license plate number.
Jaguar Recall Lookup
Jaguar Land Rover ranks third in recall timeliness for the 31-year period ending in September 2016. iSeeCars.com found that the automaker initiated 76.2 percent of the recalls which reflects its proactiveness in investigating safety issues and planning a course of action.
In addition to running a free VIN check, search for any open recalls associated with your VIN at the official Jaguar Owner’s website below:
Recall information is only available for recalls issued in the last 15 years and for vehicles from 1995 Model Year onward. Recall-related problems can usually be repaired for free at authorized Jaguar dealers.
Other Resources for Jaguar
Other resources VinCheck.info has compiled for Jaguar vehicles include:
- Jaguar Owner’s Manual (from the Jaguar website)
- Jaguar Safety Ratings (from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Jaguar Market Values (from Kelly Blue Book)
- Jaguar Reviews (from Edmunds.com)
- Jaguar Cars for Sale (from AutosForSale.com)
Background on Jaguar
The Jaguar luxury vehicle brand can be traced to Swallow Sidecar Company, a motorcycle sidecar builder, owned by S. S. Cars Limited. The business was later expanded with Standard Motor Co. to build cars and some of the models carried the name Jaguar. The first was SS Jaguar 100, released in 1935. S. S. Cars was renamed Jaguar Cars after World War II. Jaguar has been owned by other manufacturers (including Ford) before it was acquired by Tata Motors of India. Jaguar is now under Jaguar Land Rover, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors, with headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, England. The brand has become synonymous with traditional English elegance, sports performance, and luxury.
Interesting facts about Jaguar:
- By the 1950s, Jaguar had started building luxury vehicles for the United States including Mark VII Saloon which was quite popular.
- Released in 1961, the Jaguar E-Type (or XK-E) is considered as an icon of 1960s vehicles and was called “the most beautiful car ever made” by Enzo Ferrari. It was ranked number one in Sports Car International magazine’s Top Sports Cars of the 1960s in 2004 and also first in The Daily Telegraph online magazine’s list of the world’s “100 most beautiful cars of all time” in 2008.
- Jaguar is renowned as one of the strongest brands in motorsports with major achievements in sports car racing, particularly in the Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Jaguar’s designers utilize a Virtual Reality Cave with eight cinema-quality 4K projects to simulate the interiors of a car.
- The Jaguar F-Pace (codename X761), a mid-size luxury crossover SUV, is the first model to be built by Jaguar in its class. Formally announced in 2015, it became the bestselling car in 2016.
Popular models from Jaguar include:
Why should I run a Jaguar VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Look up a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Jaguar VIN Check to uncover the full story of your next vehicle: