Free Jeep VIN Decoder
Get the original vehicle details at no cost using the free Jeep VIN decoder. Decode a VIN for free by clicking the “Decode VIN” button below.
Can’t find the VIN?
Jeep Recall Lookup
Some 2011 – 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs were mentioned in a fire-risk recall involving over half a million cars. According to NHTSA’s recall report, these vehicles are in danger of catching fire if the vanity lamps become short-circuited.
Aside from running a free VIN decoder, remember to check for any recall update about your own and other cars that interest you. Resolve any recall problem for free at any authorized Jeep dealership.
Use the free VIN Lookup below to check for any safety recall.
How to Decode a Jeep VIN?
Check out the VIN decoding diagram below to see how each digit or section in the 17-digit string is decoded.
Each character or set of characters within a Jeep VIN indicates specific vehicle information including the vehicle’s model and model year, make, where it was manufactured, and more.
- 1 – Country (USA)
- C – Manufacturer (Chrysler)
- 4 – Vehicle Type (Passenger Car)
- NJCBA – Description (4WD/4DR/SUV/Jeep Compass)
- 9 – Check Digit
- G – Model Year (2016)
- D – Assembly Plant (Belvidere, Illinois)
- 681479 – Production Sequence Number
VinCheck.info’s free Jeep VIN decoder instantly provides more than these vehicle specifications plus a free vehicle history report. We also provide information on the market value, equipment details, fuel efficiency, safety rating, current warranty, recalls and defects of a Jeep vehicle.
Jeep Parts and Accessories Lookup
On the Jeep online shop, search the VIN or the car’s year and model to look for the right parts and accessories for your car. Parts related to electronics, performance, and interior and exterior features are available.
Resources for Jeep Vehicle Owners
Why should I use a Jeep VIN Decoder?
- Check for basic vehicle data available prior to purchase.
- Check for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in case of replacement or repair.
- Check for consistency of vehicle information from vehicle documents or disclosed by the seller.
- Check for fake VIN or cloned VIN. Look out for red flags indicating that the VIN is not for the car or the vehicle you are buying.
Check out VinCheck.info resources on Jeep which could be important to you as an owner or a buyer. For more interesting facts about Jeep, Jeep vehicles or to get a free Jeep vehicle history report, visit our Jeep VIN Check page
Enter your VIN below and run a Free Jeep VIN decoder in seconds!