South Dakota VIN Check
South Dakota’s history has shown there were only 480 vehicles registered in the first year of its official vehicle registration. The state offers registration of historic license plates for vehicles which are more than 30 years of age. Lookup over 364,576 cars registered in the state of South Dakota:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
South Dakota Vehicle Information Request
Alternatively, you can also gain vehicle information through South Dakota’s Check Vehicle Information search engine:
Enter the VIN of any vehicle registered in South Dakota to gain vehicle information.
South Dakota Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
South Dakota is a state located in the Midwestern region of the United States. It is the 46th most populous state, with a population of approximately 865,454 people. The Capital of South Dakota is Pierre, and the state is divided among 66 counties spanning 78,116 square miles. South Dakota was the 40th state to join union in November 2, 1889.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 364,576
- 2016 South Dakota Highway Safety Annual Report disclosed that there was an average of 16,794 traffic crashes each year, and in 2015:
- 63.2 percent of motor vehicle occupants killed in traffic crashes were not wearing seat belts.
- 71 percent of the motorcyclists killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes did not wear helmets.
- Speeding caused 22.4 percent of fatal crashes.
- According to 2016 report of Neighborhood Scout, the motor vehicle theft rate in South Dakota in 2016 was 3.48 thefts for every 2,000 inhabitants. A total of 1,502 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
- South Dakota Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run South Dakota VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an South Dakota VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.