North Carolina VIN Check

Free North Carolina VIN Check

Buying a car in North Carolina? Make sure it’s not a lemon! Run a North Carolina VIN Check. Enter the VIN below and pull up the vehicle history. It’s quick and easy and absolutely free! Lookup over 3.5 million cars registered in the state of North Carolina:

Check VIN: gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.

Enter License Plate:

North Carolina Vehicle Information Request

Another way of gaining vehicle information is through North Carolina’s MY DMV:

My DMV is an online portal designed to access North Carolina’s database about vehicle information with ease.

North Carolina Resources for Car Drivers/Owners

North Carolina VIN CheckNorth Carolina is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 9th most populous state, with a population of approximately 10,150,000 people. The Capital of North Carolina is Raleigh, and the state is divided among 100 counties spanning 53,819 square miles. North Carolina was the 12th state to join union in November 21, 1789.

Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:

  • Number of cars registered as of 2016: 3,546,363
  • 2015 North Carolina Traffic Crash Facts disclosed that there were 251,638 reported accidents in 2015. Of those accidents, 69,561 of which resulted in injuries:
    • 43 percent of those involved in fatal accidents were not wearing seat belts.
    • Most accidents occured in the month of November.
  • According to 2016 report of Neighborhood Scout, the motor vehicle theft rate in North Carolina in 2016 was 3.02 thefts for every 2,000 inhabitants. A total of 15,306 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
  • Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s 2016 report indicated that 62 percent of all fatal crashes in the state in 2016 involved only one vehicle, while the other 38 percent included more than one vehicle.

Other Resources:

  1. North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
  2. Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
  3. Vehicle Safety Ratings
  4. Vehicle Recalls by VIN
  5. Automotive Market Values
  6. Automotive Reviews

Why should I run North Carolina VIN Check?

  1. Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
  2. Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
  3. Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
  4. Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.

Run an North Carolina VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.

Check VIN: