Free Missouri VIN Check
Any used car in Missouri must be inspected no more than 60 days before it is registered. To register the car, you will need a safety and emissions inspection. If you purchased the car from out of state, you must also get a VIN check and odometer inspection. Lookup over 2.2 million cars registered in the state of Missouri:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Missouri Title Request
Retrieve vehicle title information through Motor Vehicle Records at the official Missouri Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle website.
Owners may contact the Missouri Department of Revenue at (573) 526-3669, Ext 6, Option 2, for further information regarding obtaining motor vehicle records.
Missouri Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Missouri is a state in the Midwestern United States. Missouri has been called the “Mother of the West” and the “Cave State”; however, Missouri’s most famous nickname is the “Show Me State”, as Missourians are known for being skeptical. It is the 18th most populous state, with a population of approximately 6 million people. The Capital of Missouri is Jefferson City, and the state is divided among 114 counties spanning 69,704 square miles. Missouri was the 24th state to join union in August 10, 1821. The largest cities in Missouri are Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Independence, Lee’s Summit, O’Fallon, Saint Joseph, Saint Charles, Saint Peters, and Blue Springs.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 2,247,914
- Missouri Highway Safety Office’s recent Annual Report stated there were a total of 137,428 reported accidents in 2014 alone.
- Of those 137,428 accidents, 4,657 resulted in serious injuries.
- There were a total of 766 total number of fatalities.
- There were a total of 204 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities.
- Speeding-related fatalities totaled 267.
- There were a total of 68 distracted/inattentive driving fatalities.
- The motor vehicle theft rate for Missouri in 2016 was 300.3 thefts for every 100,000 inhabitants. On average, there were 50.1 motor vehicles stolen per day.
- Missouri ranks as 10th most disaster-prone state with 53 major disaster declarations from 1953 to 2017. On average, 34 tornadoes hit the state annually.
- Missouri Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run a Missouri VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a Missouri VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.