Delaware VIN Check
Always ask to see the title when buying a used car in Delaware to check for possible title brands. Run a free VIN check and search over 400 thousand cars registered in the state of Delaware:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
Delaware Vehicle Information Request
In addition to the free VIN lookup above, you may request the Delaware DMV for information about a Delaware-registered vehicle. To get details about the vehicles you did not own, the owner’s written consent is required.
Delaware Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
Delaware is situated along the Atlantic coast of the country. A large size of the Delmarva Peninsula’s northern part is in Delaware. With just a land area of 1,982 mi², it is generally considered the second smallest US state. Its landmass is surrounded by bodies of water from the Atlantic Ocean, the Delaware Bay, and the Chesapeake Bay.
Facts and Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 447,007
- Delaware State Police’s recent Annual Report revealed that there were 26,453 known crashes in 2016 alone.
- 10% of the fatalities were minors in those crashes.
- A total of 8,527 people were injured due to vehicle accidents.
- Every 20 minutes, an incident of a vehicle crash was reported.
- Every 73 hours, an individual was killed in a vehicle crash.
- The influence of alcohol and/or drug was identified on almost half of the drivers killed (45%).
- All vehicle accidents in 2016 were estimated to be around $669 million dollars’ worth of damages.
According to the Neighborhood Scout, Delaware’s motor vehicle theft rate in 2016 was 3.2 thefts for every 2,000 inhabitants. A total of 1,520 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
- Delaware Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run a Delaware VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run a free Delaware VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.