South Carolina VIN Check
Lookup over 1.8 million cars registered in the state of South Carolina:
VinCheck.info gathers information on thefts, accidents, sales, titles, specifications, and more from official US government sources across the country into a database to provide free vehicle history to the public. Search based on the 17-digit VIN or the license plate number.
South Carolina Vehicle Information Request
The state’s South Carolina Interactive platform serves as another source of vehicle information of South Carolina vehicles:
Accessing vehicle information through the platform requires a subscription that costs $75 per month. Follow the instructions in the link to process your subscription.
South Carolina Resources for Car Drivers/Owners
South Carolina is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States. It is the 23rd most populous state, with a population of approximately 4,961,119 people. The Capital of South Carolina is Columbia, and the state is divided among 46 counties spanning 32,020 square miles. South Carolina was the 8th state to join union in May 23, 1788.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- Number of cars registered as of 2016: 1,840,357
- 2015 South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book disclosed there were 133,961 reported accidents in 2015 alone. Of those accidents, 58,604 resulted in injuries:
- More than 62.3 percent of fatal collisions occurred between the hours of 3:01 pm and 3 am.
- The months of October, July, and August have the most number of fatal collisions. There were 110 fatal collisions in October, 83 in July, and 79 in August.
- According to 2016 report of Neighborhood Scout, the motor vehicle theft rate in South Carolina in 2016 was 2.81 thefts for every 1,000 inhabitants. A total of 13,920 incidents of vehicle theft were reported in the same year.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s 2016 report indicated that 40 percent of all fatal crashes happened in urban areas, while 60 percent happened in rural areas of the state in 2016. The remaining one percent was unknown.
- South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
- Emissions and Safety Inspection Locations
- Vehicle Safety Ratings
- Vehicle Recalls by VIN
- Automotive Market Values
- Automotive Reviews
Why should I run South Carolina VIN Check?
- Check for accidents. Every year, approximately 6.0 million automobile accidents are reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Check for title brands. Flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title brands.
- Check for special purpose designations, including taxi-use, rental-use, or police-use.
- Check for thefts. Lookup a VIN to check for an active theft or previously recovered theft record.
Run an South Carolina VIN Check to uncover the full-story of your next vehicle.